Friday, December 17, 2010

Choosing the Perfect Name

Well, after long deliberations and many name changes, I think we finally have the perfect name. It not only describes me in a quarky sense, but I think it stands out from the rest. Choosing a name wasn't easy, I went through 3 or 4 "perfect" names before stumbling upon this one. Names don't come as easy as you may think. I am a Graphic Designer by trade, and I am paid to think of names and logos for others, but when it came to my own, I was stumped. Either someone already had the name I liked, or ones I thought were nice, my "panel of judges", my friends and family, said they didn't care for it. Back to the drawing board!

How I came up with it you ask? Well, my Blue Front Amazon Parrot was sitting on the screen part of my laptop as she usually does watching me work. She was pruning her feathers and one on her back ended up twisted and sticking out. I said to her as I fixed it, " Aww Corky, (that's her name) you have a twisted feather!" Viola!! The name Twisted Feather Designs was born.

I was always leaning toward a Native American name due to my heritage (Sioux Indian), but many people said that may not be good because people may think that I am targeting my audience to only Natives. Maybe to some degree they were right, but my heart kept telling me I wanted a name that best suited me, the artisan. I truly think that I have chosen the perfect name.

Its time to let the secret out! Jewelry is not the only thing that Twisted Feather will be making. We are also about to introduce our line of wine bottle holders made from the finest natural wood. I am excited to be able to bring these items to you, they are a huge hit amongst my friends and relatives.

Now I can take the next steps of designing the perfect logo and begin building a permanent web site and begin my online business! Please stick around, soon I will be putting up the link to my new website where you can shop til you drop! Thanks for visiting, and Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment